HP DeskJet printers can be connected with a computer through a wired or a wireless connection. Therefore, in this article, we have explained the process to connect HP DeskJet printer to Wi-Fi network and through USB cable connection for windows and Mac operating system. Once you cannot touch the HP Deskjet printer to WiFi, you must dial the HP customer service number to troubleshoot it immediately.
Steps to Connect HP Deskjet Printer to WiFi
For a wireless connection, it is vital to put the printer on the same Wi-Fi network as your computer. Hence, follow the below steps to connect your HP Deskjet printer to a Wi-Fi router.
- First, hold the power button of the HP Deskjet printer to turn it.
- Go to the HP Deskjet touch screen, click on the right arrow, and press the setup option.
- Now select the “Wireless setup wizard” from the Network Menu.
- It will search the wireless router access point in the range.
- Now, it will ask for a password. Enter the network WEP and WPA password (your wireless password) and press Done.
- Press ‘OK’ to confirm the wireless settings.
- After completion of these steps, your HP DeskJet printer will be connected to your Wi-Fi network. The exact process will apply for the all-HP Deskjet series printer model to communicate with the Wi-Fi network.
After successfully setting up the printer on your wireless network, you can move to the next section to connect HP DeskJet with your Windows or Mac device.
HP DeskJet Printer Connect to WiFi on Windows
It’s effortless to connect HP DeskJet wireless set up on your windows system. Just follow these steps.
- Switch on your HP DeskJet printer, Windows PC, and a Wi-Fi router.
- Make sure your printer and PC are correctly connected.
- Then, connect the HP Deskjet printer to your Wi-Fi network by following the steps given in above.
- Now, open your browser on the PC and go to 123.hp.com to download the HP Deskjet printer driver.
- Choose your model from the printer list
- Click on the download option. Once the downloading finishes, double click on the driver software and follow further instructions to complete your PC installation setup.
- Then, Go to the ‘Control panel’ from your windows search option.
- Now, choose the “printer and Driver” option.
- Choose the “Add Printer” option from the next appearing window.
- After this, an HP Deskjet printer model list will appear on your screen. Select your model and click on ‘next’, and wait until setup finishes.
- Now, your HP DeskJet wireless printer will be connected to your Windows PC.
Connect HP Deskjet Wireless on Mac OS
This section explains how to connect the HP Deskjet Wi-Fi printer to your Mac device. Just follow these quick instructions.
- Switch on your 123 HP DeskJet printer, your Mac, and your Wi-Fi router.
- Next, make sure your Mac is connected well with your printer and Wi-Fi router
- Also, ensure that Mac and HP DeskJet printer is on the same Wi-Fi network.
- After this, go to the HP Deskjet official website and click on the printer driver download option.
- Then, set up driver software on your Mac by following the HP Easy Smart application instructions.
- After completion of installation setup, open “Apple Menu” and select “System and Preference”.
- Select the “Printers and Scanners” option, as this is where you can add your HP DeskJet printer.
- From the ‘printers and scanners’ window, click on + sign to add printer.
- Now a printer list will be accessed. Choose your HP DeskJet wireless printer from the list and click on “Add”.
- Lastly, your HP Deskjet printer will be connected.
So, these are the rectifying steps for “how to connect HP DeskJet wireless printer on Mac”. The setup mentioned above degrees will help you connect your HP Deskjet printer wirelessly to your windows and Mac devices. However, please contact HP Customer Care to connect your HP Deskjet to a wireless network if you face any difficulty.